Behold…cheesecake berry crunch. This recipe is my very favorite dessert from the Trim Healthy Mama book, and the authors gave me special permission to share it with you! Get those taste buds ready…this stuff is SO good.
If you love cheesecake, then this is an amazing, no cook stand in for busy days! It’s really only a few ingredients tossed together: salted roasted almonds for the crunch, frozen berries, and some cream cheese that’s sweetened up a bit. The result is an amazing, flavor and texture bursting experience that’s worthy of fireworks display and declarations of love.
In fact, I think I need to whip up a batch, of this cheesecake berry crunch recipe RIGHT NOW!
The recipe in the book calls for your food processor, and I have used my little 2 cup counter top processor to do this, but I have found that I turn into more of a smushed puree when I use the food processor.
I really love to get the whole berry texture and the little crunchy nuts chunks in there with just a ribbon of creamy cheesecake flavor. Plus, lazy. I just don’t like to mess with appliance washing if it can be helped. So I have found that it’s just as easy to chunk up the almonds with my knife, schmoosh the cream cheese around with them in a bowl with the stevia, and then just stir in the berries.
SUPAH yum. Cold berry-fresh tartness, sweet cream-cheesy, and crunchy-salty…all of my favorite textures and flavors. You can see why this is my favorite Trim Healthy Mama dessert. Now you need to TASTE it for yourself!
Here is your printable cheesecake berry crunch recipe:
- ½ cup dry roasted, salted almonds
- ½ t. vanilla or almond extract
- 2 drops NOW Lemon essential oil or ⅛th t. lemon extract (optional but so good!)
- ¼ cup cream cheese (low fat or regular) or 2 oz. from a block.
- sweetener to taste- I use NuNaturals Stevia extract
- ¾ cups raspberries, strawberries, or berry blend
- Chop almonds by hand into chunks (each almond into about ⅓ if you're detail oriented), or pulse briefly in the food processor.
- If using a food processor: dump chopped almonds into your serving bowl, and add cream cheese, flavorings, and sweetener to the food processor bowl. Cream together, and add to your serving bowl with the almonds.
- If you're doing it by hand: which is my preference, then just leave your almonds on the cutting board, and add your cream cheese, flavorings and sweetener to the serving bowl and cream together.
- Taste and adjust flavors/sweetness.
- Stir chopped almonds, frozen berries, and cream cheese mixture together until well combined.
- Dig in!