This morning my scale landed on the magic number…my goal weight! Celebrate with me!
The first thing you should know is that the November photo above is the *retouched* one that went on our cards this year. That just wasn’t good enough for me…I asked the photographer for the raw files, and here they are…in all of my glory. And just so you know, I had on spanks, and was holding my gut in like a champ for these.
Note to self: hiking buttocks into a tree branch does *not* make it appear smaller.
And here is another one…
Notice how the skirt is all jacked up around my hefty hindquarters in the before shot, and it’s literally dragging the ground in the after. Stretchy skirts are awesome.
Admittedly, my goal weight is just an arbitrary number that I really just pulled out of the air early on. I just gauged where I felt good when I was thinner, and when my clothes fit nicely. It arrived quietly, and I almost let it go by without mentioning it.
It felt kind of…awkward to say, “I’ve arrived!” when I just feel pretty normal. But then my friends fussed at me for not celebrating this accomplishment, and I decided that it may encourage some of you who are on your weight loss journey, as well as those who are working on restoring their health. So here I am.
Now that I’m *at* goal weight, I still see tweaks and toning that needs to happen, and more healing that needs to happen. But it will come with time as I keep plugging away at my overall health picture. And I’m VERY happy with being where I am physically.
Update: Several people have asked me how tall I am. I’m 5’7″, and I always weigh more than what people would think, because my upper half is on the small side, but I’ve got a naturally [very] muscular build under that stretchy skirt. I’m not that hung up on numbers, so I chose a goal weight that represented what I knew was a happy place for my own body and build. Oddly, the last time I was this weight, I wore a size larger than I do now. I’ll take it.
In the mean time, I’m DELIGHTED with the lifestyle changes that I’ve learned from Trim Healthy Mama, and I have no desire to stop living this way. Ever. It’s not even TEMPTING to go celebrate by cracking open a Dr. Pepper and gorging on cake & naughty ice cream. The me in November who was trying to roll out of her sweaty Spanx…the me that decided to wait until cookie and fudge season was over to start a new ‘diet’ would never have believed it. Spanx are not awesome, by the way.
I still almost don’t believe it! There are SO many things I could tell you about Trim Healthy Mama…
- how I get to enjoy PLENTY of healthy sweets
- how at about 3 weeks of (over) thinking foods, it ‘clicked’ and is SO easy now…like brainless easy
- how I no longer crave junk foods. ever. REALLY!!!
- how I get to eat foods multiple times a day that are NORMAL foods…I get to eat what sounds good to me!
- how THM has taught me to listen to my own body for what I need (energy or satiation) and has re-awakened ‘normal’ hunger and satiation signals that used to be SO screwed up.
- how I eat more often now, and WAY more food than I did when I was holed up in my Spanx. I’m SO not deprived in any way. Food is fulfilling, filling, and guilt free. I’m in a healthy relationship with it now!
- how much I enjoy all the awesome ladies over on the Facebook Trim Healthy Mama group!
- how I wake up without an alarm clock now when the sun comes up and am READY to get out of bed!
- how I have enjoyed fitting into cute clothes again
- how I can move around in my own skin without feeling short of breath, or cut in half by my jeans
- how I can run and play with my kids
- how food is no longer associated with guilt
- how my husband looks at me now
- how my son has lost 15 pounds and found how to control his own blood sugar with healthy foods
- how I cry when I’m happy and overwhelmed with gratitude
- how very, very, very grateful I am to Pearl and Serene for writing this book
But most of all, I want you to know, if I can do this, then YOU can too!
Want to know more about this awesome style of eating? Check out my Trim Healthy Mama book review here.
To celebrate today, I’d like to give away a copy of the book Trim Healthy Mama
I’d love this to go to someone who really needs it…if you own a book already, then please pass on the giveaway unless you’re entering on behalf of someone who you know really wants and needs this life changing book. ♥ Thank you!
Please enter below in the comments. I’ll randomly choose one winner next Tuesday. If you’d like to grab a copy of the book, you can do that here at the Trim Healthy Mama website, or in my Trim & Healthy Amazon store.
Thank you for celebrating with me on a day I really never thought I’d see last November. Please let me know when you hit goal weight day…I want to celebrate with you too!
And the Winner Is…
Congrats Jean Glavic, who wants to bless her friend Laura with the book. Thank you all for participating and for all of the wonderful and sweet encouragements!