The perfect sugar free hot chocolate recipe has eluded me, until now. I’ve tried many, many variations on low carb or sugar free hot cocoa, only to be left not in love. Which is so sad, because I’m a girl who LOVES her hot cocoa and hot chocolate!
Not to be deterred by multiple failures, I continued to test and tweak until I found a recipe that delights me. It’s the perfect blend of sweet, chocolaty, and has just the right feel and creaminess to it. I’m so delighted to have a new hot chocolate recipe that I can love, and that will love me back by not packing on the pounds.
Trim Healthy Mama category: Made as written, it’s a low cal (and can be dairy free!) treat. But you can always top it off with a generous swirl of whipped cream and call it an S treat.
Hope you enjoy! Here’s your printable and your pin:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1-2 packets of sweetener of your choice (1 teaspoon of a stevia blend)
- ¼ teaspoon mct oil or ½ teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- tiny pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon hydrolyzed gelatin, optional- for that silky texture
- Warm all ingredients, whisking to combine well. I will sometimes put it all in a pint jar and put the lid on and shake.
- For a decadent S treat, add up to 1 tablespoon of cream or half & half, or top with stevia sweetened whipped cream.