Perfect peanut butter recipe? YES! But I’m not just tooting my own horn here. There’s a perfectly logical reason behind the name that I’ll get to later. All you really need to know right now is that it’s amazingly simple, and absolutely toasty-warm-creamy-licious-peanut-buttery perfection. If you’ve ever tasted warm, freshly ground peanut butter at specialty markets, then you’ll know of which I speak. But you won’t payeth those priceths here.
Today is also Trim Healthy Tuesday! So all of my Trim & Healthy friends, check out the awesome link up FULL of recipes, tips & ideas down below the printable.
Let’s get down to business, shall we? This is what you’ll need: TWO ingredients…
And a jar to pour it into. While it’s still warm.
I found this bag of “raw peanut” for $6 at a Korean market. And it makes a BUNCH of peanut butter.
Preheat your oven to 400*, and spread your peanut (and friends) out in a single layer on cookie sheets. 3.5 pounds of peanut covers two large cookie sheets.
Roast for 7 minutes. Stir peanut.
Roast for 7 more minute.
You know how when you stay up too late, stupid things sound funny? Yeah. OK.
Let your peanut cool down until they’re crunchy.
I have a 7 cup food processor, and this is one of the trays of peanut. I ended up processing two batches. Dump them in, add salt, and… run that puppy for…(can you guess?) 7 minutes!
Until creamy and smooth. And warm. And perfect.
Pour into the perfect jar. I love this jar. ♥
This peanut butter has earned the seal of approval from the Particularly Picky Peanut Butter Purveyors Association. The founding member, and president is seen above parceling peanut buttery provisions, at her daily lunch duty station.
This Peanut Butter Recipe is Perfect
- it never has to be stirred to mix oil in. I really dislike that messy aspect of most natural peanut butters.
- it’s cheaper than even the cheapest store brand natural peanut butter!
- it only has 2 ingredients.
- it’s part of my Trim Healthy Mama weight loss program…or maintenance program. GOTTA love a ‘diet’ that lets you dip into peanut butter with chocolate!
- and finally…it’s really, really easy to remember the recipe, since 7 is the number of perfection!
Printable Perfect Peanut Butter Recipe
- 3½ pounds raw peanuts
- 1 t. salt, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Pour peanuts onto two large cookie sheets, so nuts form a single layer.
- Bake 7 minutes.
- Stir or shake pan to turn.
- Bake approximately 7 more minutes or until roasty-toasty...they'll smell AMAZING!
- Allow to cool until nuts are crunchy.
- Pour nuts into your food processor. I have a 7 cup capacity food processor, so I process in two batches.
- Run on high speed for 7 minutes, or until creamy and smooth. It will be warm.
- Add ½-1 tsp salt or to taste, and process briefly to blend.
- Pour into an airtight jar.