How about a frozen eggnog recipe? A SUGAR FREE, protein packed, super fast to whiz together *scrump-diddli-icious* frozen breakfast treat is on tap this Trim Healthy Tuesday. Last week’s Holiday Sweets Cookbook Review & giveaway got me all ready for holiday goodies.
Speaking of which, the Sweeter Side of Candida cookbook is on sale at 20% off through November 21st with the code GWENSNEST. (my affiliate link) The buckeyes are amazing.
With high temps still in the upper 60’s here this is the perfect way to indulge in the flavors of the season without padding my derriere. But hey…even if your temps are in the teens, you can still enjoy this yummy frozen eggnog recipe treat in front of the fireplace.
In the past, I never bothered with making real egg nog, because of all of the steps involving pasteurizing or heating the eggs, so imagine my DELIGHT at discovering pre-pasteurized egg whites in the carton. The base of this recipe is a “Keep Me On Plan” milkshake that my brilliant sister came up with and shared with me. I love it because it’s quick, versatile, and filling, and there’s no bloated and regrettable sugar crash afterward.
Let’s get straight to the printable so you can go enjoy this frosty treat…don’t miss the dairy free, egg free, and latte versions in the notes!
Sugar Free Frozen Eggnog Recipe
- ½ c. cottage cheese (2% Daisy is my fave)
- 1½- 2 c. ice
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ c. pasteurized egg white from a carton
or 1 whole pastured egg* if you're so inclined (for S version)
- ¼ c. cream (for S version)
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. rum extract, optional
- pinch of salt
- 1 T Erythritol or stevia to taste, or 1 T. xylitol or Truvia
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, optional
- Add all to the blender, and blend until smooth & creamy.
- For an S version, do not omit cream.
- Taste and adjust sweetness and flavorings to your liking.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg & enjoy!
*Whole or un-pasteurized egg is optional and at your discretion.
Dairy Free: Omit cottage cheese, cream, and almond milk, and use coconut milk instead. You may increase eggs to 2 for added protein & flavor if desired.
Egg Free: (Yes! Can you believe it!) Omit egg, and add 2-3 small dashes of gluccie as you're blending to give it more froth
Frozen Egg Nog Latte: Sub 1 cup cold coffee for almond milk.