This chocolate covered cherry shake recipe will fill you with holiday joy and help you indulge in the flavors of the season while avoiding the extra pounds. If you’ve enjoyed the frozen eggnog recipe, or the thin mint chocolate chip shake, then this is another delicious sugar free and low carb milkshake to keep you on plan in during the holiday season. But believe me…I’ll be enjoying these year round!
Chocolate covered cherries have been a favorite holiday treat for me since I was a little girl…something about the crisp chocolate shell with the creamy filling and that gorgeous red maraschino cherry just felt like the BIGGEST treat! Now that I’ve been sugar free for nearly a year, I’m staying away from the real thing…they’ve lost their luster, and are <gaggingly> too sweet.
But I can still enjoy all of the delicious flavors of a chocolate covered cherry in this amazing protein packed shake. To get the real flavor of cherries, I am loving the Frontier Natural Cherry Flavor! Hope you enjoy this one as much as we have, and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Trim Healthy New Year!
Here’s a pinnable and a printable for you…
- ½ c, 1% or 2% cottage cheese (Daisy brand is my favorite)
- 1½-2 cups ice
- 1⅓ c. unsweetened plain almond milk
- ¼ c. half & half
- 1-1½ tsp. cherry extract
- ½-1 tsp. almond extract
- 2-3 frozen strawberries or 5-6 frozen raspberries (for color)
- 1 T erythritol, Truvia, or xylitol + stevia to sweeten to taste
- ½-1 scoop protein powder (optional, and adjust sweetener as necessary)
- 1 oz. square 85% dark chocolate -or- skinny chocolate drizzled in to harden
- Add all ingredients except chocolate to the blender, and blend until smooth & creamy.
- Taste and adjust flavors & sweetness.
- Add chocolate & pulse until ground into straw-sized chunks.
Follow me on Pinterest and never miss a recipe!