OMGoodness!!! Y’all. I’m back on track with going low carb and ‘good girl’ and the scales show it. But I wanted a special treat to celebrate getting back on track. One that wouldn’t wreck my progress, but that would rock my world. I think this is IT. I got really inspired to replicate one of my favorite naughty treats: a <whispering> butterfinger blizzard.
Now, this is really more of a milkshake texture but the flavor and textures are all there for me. I would not take the name of butterfingers in vain…this takes me there.
[bctt tweet=”Mock Butterfinger #lowcarb #milkshake #recipe…this takes me there! https://gwens-nest.com/?p=6891″]
The peanut buttery goodness…
the little bits of toffee like crispies…
interrupted but the velvety chunks of chocolate.
Give this one a try, and come back and tell me what you think!
For my Trim Healthy sisters, the full recipe is a meal or snack S, and I recommend using a half recipe as an S dessert.
Note: you will need to whip up a batch of these AH-mazing caramel coconut crunch to give you that yummy buttery crunch. One batch of this fills a quart jar, so you can make a LOT of these yummy milkshakes. AND if you somehow get tired of the butterfinger flavor, you can always make a Samoan milkshake.
Low Carb Butterfinger Milkshake Printable and Pinnable
- ½ cup 2% or nonfat cottage cheese (I like Daisy brand)
- 1½- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, carton coconut milk, or cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons natural (sugar free) peanut butter or 1 tablespoon peanut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons THM Sweet Blend (affiliate link) or 1 tablespoon Truvia or sweetener of your choice to taste
- ½ teaspoon butterscotch (affiliate link-where I buy mine), butter, or caramel extract
- ½ ounce stevia sweetened chocolate, or 85% dark chocolate (I use ½ of the Aldi's brand small bar) or skinny chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut caramel crunch
- Add all ingredients *except* for chocolate and coconut to blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- In last few seconds, add in chocolate and caramel crunch.
- Garnish with stevia sweetened whipped cream, chocolate curls, and more crunchies.
- Indulge your taste buds and come leave a comment and share this recipe on Facebook. 🙂
Update!: Trim Healthy Mamas, this is an S meal or snack or use half the recipe as a dessert.
To make garnish mini chocolate curls, bring chocolate to warmish room temp, and use a veggie peeler along the thin sides.
Follow me on Pinterest and never miss a recipe!
Follow Gwen’s Nest