Low carb Cinnamon Dippers are so yummy, and perfect for keeping your holiday appetizers low carb and your waistline trim. It’s also the answer to Kathryn’s request for a good alternative to enjoying this low carb cookie dough dip recipe.
The Cinnamon Dippers are a Fuel Pull on the Trim Healthy Mama plan, which means that you can enjoy a nice stash of these with S, E, or Fuel Pull toppings. How’s that for versatile! And my very favorite part is how easy these are to make.
I start with 2-3 Joseph’s Lavash breads, or Aldi’s low carb flatbreads, and cut them into a nice dipping strip shape with a sharp knife. Lay them out on a pan, and brush with a tiny bit of melted butter.
We like our cinnamon-sugar [free] mix to be pretty cinnamon-y, so I do about a half and half mix. If you enjoy it sweeter, try 2 T. of erythritol, xylitol, Truvia, or sugar free sweetener of your choice to a salt shaker, and add about a T of cinnamon. Shake to blend, and then top your dipping strips with the mix.
I baked these at 350* for about 8 minutes to get a nice golden brown and crispy chip.
Perfect for doing this…
This is just a vehicle for all manner of deliciousness! You should try these today…
and be sure to pin this:
And print this:
- 2-3 low carb lavash or flatbreads*
- 1 teaspoons. melted butter
- 2 tablespoons erythritol, xylitol, or Truvia from the canister
- 1-2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Cut each flatbread into 16 pieces with a sharp knife by cutting into 4 equal strips, and then cut each strip into 4 equal pieces. You may stack the flatbread up and cut them all at once to save time.
- Lay crisps out on a baking sheet, and preheat the oven to 350*
- Brush crisps with a very small amount of melted butter to help the sugar [free] cinnamon mix stick.
- Blend cinnamon and sugar, adjusting the ratio to your liking. I like to blend them in a salt shaker or spice jar.
- Coat the crisps in a nice layer of cinnamon-'sugar'
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until a nice golden brown. They will continue to crisp up as they cool.
- Dip and enjoy!
I’m a little bit lonely this week on Trim Healthy Tuesday, as Stacy is working on something new over at Stacy Makes Cents. The great news is that Stacy AND Trim Healthy Tuesdays are both working toward some wonderful changes over the next month. Trim Healthy Tuesday is still going to continue. So stick around, and I’ll keep you posted!
In the mean time, please enjoy, link up, and don’t let me be lonely over here on Trim Healthy Tuesdays!