Raspberry Lemonade Cake is my weekend invention, and why I’m currently mad at my whole family. They loved it so much that they ate the *entire* thing while I was gone to a meeting.
I guess I’ll have to make another one tomorrow. Because I just can’t stop thinking about it!
Beyond being amazingly scrumptious and lovely, my other favorite feature of this cake is that it makes a whole 9×13 pan. So your family can eat it all. I haven’t tried it in muffins yet, but I will!
I ate this for breakfast, and you know what? I don’t feel ONE BIT guilty, because this baby is sugar free, gluten free, and on my diet. Yep! This is a Trim Healthy Mama E meal.
Be still my heart.
If you’ve struggled to love the “bread” and flour subs in low carb baking, I’m right there with you. This one actually tastes just like real cake. No funky gritty or mushy texture issues- this is the real deal. It uses oat flour as a healthy slow carb option. Each square only has 11 grams of carbs!
So I had two.
And plenty of yogurt and fruit- my breakfast was SO good, and I was full and satisfied. If it’s not breakfast time at your house, you could make this raspberry lemonade cake recipe and enjoy it as an afternoon snack, or as dessert!
To really boost the lemon flavor, I prefer to use a pure essential oil in this recipe- I write more about the safety of using essential oil safety in recipes here.
An AMAZING Deal!!!
In the past, the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle has offered GREAT quality, pure lemon essential oil as just ONE of the free bonuses!
JUST through Tuesday 9/15/15 at 2:59 EST you can score this set of three *great* quality, pure oils as a FREE bonus- and gobs of other great stuff.
If you’d like to be notified of future Healthy Living Bundles…and they’re ALWAYS amazing, join my list and I’ll send you a notice!
Printable Raspberry Lemonade Cake Recipe & Pin
- ¾ cup egg whites
- 1 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt or low fat cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract or flavoring *or* 6 drops pure lemon essential oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- optional, zest of 2 lemons
- 2 cups oat flour (2 cups of oats put in your blender makes 2 cups of oat flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup Truvia or ¼ cup Sweet Blend
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- optional, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder for color (does not affect the taste)
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Spray a 9x13 pan with a light mist of oil or butter lightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix yogurt or cottage cheese, egg whites, lemon juice, zest, and flavoring until combined.
- Add oat flour, sweetener, baking powder, and baking soda, and turmeric on top of wet ingredients, then whisk quickly to combine.
- Quickly mix in frozen berries, and spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until center springs back when touched.
Follow me on Pinterest and never miss a recipe!
Follow Gwen’s Nest